Learn Requirements & Choose Courses Wisely
Your transfer requirements will most likely include General Education (GE) courses
and major preparation courses (some majors do not require GE completion). Requirements
can vary by campus, so research each major/campus you are
interested in and choose courses accordingly. It is your responsibility to learn all requirements for each of your potential transfer campuses! Check websites regularly and consult with a counselor as needed.
- Follow CSU GE Pattern (CSU only) OR IGETC GE Pattern (CSU and UC)
- Major Preparation Courses for both CSU & UC campuses
- Use www.assist.org AND campus websites for each CSU/UC.
Some CSUs prefer their own websites for course planning. Interested in one of the
schools below? Click on their links to find the courses needed to transfer.
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- CSU Long Beach
- San Diego State University
- San Jose State University
- CSU Monterey Bay
- CSU Sacramento
- Sonoma State
- CSU Fresno
- CSU Fullerton
- Information on CSU impacted campuses
- CSU Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT)
University of California (UC) Transfer Basics
Click the links below for UC transfer planning resources.
- UC Transfer Pathways Guide by major
- UC Transfer Admission Planner
- UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (UC TAG) – Guaranteed Admission to a UC!
CHOOSE COURSES & MAKE A PLAN
- Schedule a Counseling Appointment: Meet with a counselor to create a Student Education Plan (SEP). Schedule follow up appointments as needed, or if you change your major or transfer school. Update SEP as needed.
- Use your MyCuesta Pathway to keep on track. Student Education Plans are created and stored in the “PLANS” tab.