Resume & Cover Letter
Steps in Developing Your Resumé &/or Cover Letter:
Don't know where to start?
- A resumé is a brief written account of your personal, educational, and professional qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter introduces you, explains your purpose for writing, highlights a few of your experiences or skills, and requests an opportunity to meet personally with the potential employer.
First, develop a rough draft of your resumé!
- How to Build a Resumé: check out this video for resumé writing guidelines.
- Click here for more informational resumé videos.
Next, get ready to make a strong first impression with a cover letter!
- Learn about what a cover letter is and how to start writing one.
- Learn the dos and don'ts of cover letter writing.
- Check out this cool infographic!
Finally, get some feedback...
- Attend a Career Connections Workshop.
- Submit your rough draft to Career Connections for review here.